Skip to main content

Crackle is my dog

 

Crackle

Who would have thought that a dog would be writing a blog. Yet, here I am.

Crackle is my name and just to tell you that I have a great life. Although it wasn’t always that way. You see, I’m a rescue dog. I’m six now, but I was adopted 4 years ago. And since then I haven’t looked back.


Okay, so let’s get one thing straight right off the bat. Writing isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do. I have no fingers so I’m doing this with my mouth. You can imagine how tough it is to grab a pen with my teeth and write these damn letters. I’m much more accustomed to communication with my eyes, my gestures and postures, and making different sounds. To say the least, this blog poses as much of a challenge to me as keeping myself from sniffing someone’s crotch. But I’m a dog after all so we’ll see how it goes.


So, let me tell you about my diet. For breakfast I have dry food mixed with canned food. I’m allergic to poultry and beef, so I’m strictly a lamb and salmon guy. And the more it stinks, the better I like it. For dinner I get all dry food. Afterwards I try to give Daniel the face to get a cookie. Oh, those milk bones are so good! I can get pretty stressed out if I don’t get one. It will keep me up all night.

Now for all the other great things I get to eat. Finding popcorn or chips on the rug is always a great start. And I love apples, pistachios, cantaloupe, and black raspberries. I pick them right off the vine. I even eat oranges! The only thing I can’t figure out is whether I eat all of this because I really like it or because Elena and Daniel like it. Probably a little bit of both. Oh, and I eat cat poop when I find it in the yard. It makes me sick but I love it.

See you next time….

P.S. Written by my husband Daniel




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four days and Three nights of Vacation in Vermont

  I love going on vacation, but I love coming back even more. I'll tell you about the most remarkable activities for me. I will try briefly… We spent one night out of 3 in a tent. (We actually planned to have 2 nights in a tent, but the weather decided for us).  We visited Sugarbush Farm and Billings Farm & Museum, stopped at a store selling sheds and cottages, looked at the cider production process (Woods cider Mill), met with a representative of the company that will drill a well on our site, and asked questions to city officials.  And, of course, we admired the beauty of the season. It’s a pity that we couldn’t stop on the highway for photography.  At this time of the year, tourists travel to Vermont and New Hampshire specifically to admire the foliage. Daniel heard about the town of Woodstock even before the vacation. Therefore, we began to look for sights that can be seen there. As the first attraction, Google gave us The Sugarbush Farm. Google says: “ Rural...

Old New Year

  Do you know what day is today (Jan 13)?  Russians celebrate the Old New Year on the night of January 13-14. How did it happen that Russians celebrate the New Year twice?  Simply by adopting a different calendar. Of course, it was not really simple, but after the October Revolution (1917), the Bolsheviks switched from the Julian calendar to Gregorian one. Because of this, all the dates moved 13 days ahead. The year 1919 began on January 1st but in accordance with the new Gregorian calendar. The Julian calendar was 2 weeks behind the Gregorian one, as a result of which the celebration of the new year was postponed from January 14th to January 1st. The Old New year isn't an official holiday. There are definitely no people who would remember the old calendar. Russians, by definition, like to celebrate holidays. The more reasons to celebrate, the better. The Old New Year is usually less festive. There may be no more gifts under the tree.  Many Russians will wait until t...

From May Snow to Summer Mosquitoes: A Tale of Two Cities

  May 22, and it is snowing in Tomsk. You could say "still" or "again"—both would sound right. And yet, the cool May weather hasn't slowed down the mosquitoes. According to a report by RIA Tomsk, cold weather doesn't kill off the larvae of these blood-sucking insects. The early-spring species have already taken flight "to hunt," and a mass emergence is expected by late May when warmer weather finally arrives. I wish I could say that we don't have mosquito problems here, but we do. I think a lot of it depends on neighbors who keep containers or pools of stagnant water in their backyards, where mosquitoes happily breed and multiply. My husband already got his first bite of the season. Let’s hope for the best this summer. For now, though, Tomichi (Tomsk citizens) aren't too worried about mosquitoes; their real problem, now and always, is ticks. Tomsk had a few warm days earlier this spring, and the ticks became active immediately. Every sprin...