Skip to main content

A blonde is not only a hair color, it is also an alibi.

 Sometimes I feel like just being a woman is an alibi.


Today I went to “Autozone” to get new wipers.

First, I called them to make sure they had my type and that they could install them for me.

I actually did it once when I had my little Yaris. Back then I was happy to rescue my husband from working on my car in the cold (the day was really cold). A few years passed by and I forgot.


Thank God I have a husband who reminded me.

He knows that men in general and men mechanics/auto parts sellers underestimate women’s abilities or/and knowledge. 


So my question about installing just purchased wipers was not unexpected at all. The wipers were installed and I was happy to return home, before work.




However, at work, my female colleague was surprised. I remember how a few years ago she installed her new wipes on her own.

The thing is, she is very smart. She can do so many different things that not every man can do. She learns a lot with YouTube and/or the Internet and does it.  

She missed the fact that the minor repair/replacement of some spare parts for customers is part of their store service.


My point here is, dear women don’t let everyone know that you are smart. 

Of course, you cannot fool your husband, no way. But besides your hubby, let the men do their important job - saving us blondes. 

 


How to reduce the burden on yourself: If you tuck your trousers into socks, then people will not demand much from you. - Joke from the Internet.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four days and Three nights of Vacation in Vermont

  I love going on vacation, but I love coming back even more. I'll tell you about the most remarkable activities for me. I will try briefly… We spent one night out of 3 in a tent. (We actually planned to have 2 nights in a tent, but the weather decided for us).  We visited Sugarbush Farm and Billings Farm & Museum, stopped at a store selling sheds and cottages, looked at the cider production process (Woods cider Mill), met with a representative of the company that will drill a well on our site, and asked questions to city officials.  And, of course, we admired the beauty of the season. It’s a pity that we couldn’t stop on the highway for photography.  At this time of the year, tourists travel to Vermont and New Hampshire specifically to admire the foliage. Daniel heard about the town of Woodstock even before the vacation. Therefore, we began to look for sights that can be seen there. As the first attraction, Google gave us The Sugarbush Farm. Google says: “ Rural...

Old New Year

  Do you know what day is today (Jan 13)?  Russians celebrate the Old New Year on the night of January 13-14. How did it happen that Russians celebrate the New Year twice?  Simply by adopting a different calendar. Of course, it was not really simple, but after the October Revolution (1917), the Bolsheviks switched from the Julian calendar to Gregorian one. Because of this, all the dates moved 13 days ahead. The year 1919 began on January 1st but in accordance with the new Gregorian calendar. The Julian calendar was 2 weeks behind the Gregorian one, as a result of which the celebration of the new year was postponed from January 14th to January 1st. The Old New year isn't an official holiday. There are definitely no people who would remember the old calendar. Russians, by definition, like to celebrate holidays. The more reasons to celebrate, the better. The Old New Year is usually less festive. There may be no more gifts under the tree.  Many Russians will wait until t...

From May Snow to Summer Mosquitoes: A Tale of Two Cities

  May 22, and it is snowing in Tomsk. You could say "still" or "again"—both would sound right. And yet, the cool May weather hasn't slowed down the mosquitoes. According to a report by RIA Tomsk, cold weather doesn't kill off the larvae of these blood-sucking insects. The early-spring species have already taken flight "to hunt," and a mass emergence is expected by late May when warmer weather finally arrives. I wish I could say that we don't have mosquito problems here, but we do. I think a lot of it depends on neighbors who keep containers or pools of stagnant water in their backyards, where mosquitoes happily breed and multiply. My husband already got his first bite of the season. Let’s hope for the best this summer. For now, though, Tomichi (Tomsk citizens) aren't too worried about mosquitoes; their real problem, now and always, is ticks. Tomsk had a few warm days earlier this spring, and the ticks became active immediately. Every sprin...