Skip to main content

Friday's talk

I like spending time with my husband, especially because we don't have much of it. 

On Wednesday evenings he tells me “see you Friday”. On Thursday mornings he gives me a “have a good day”- kiss. On Thursday evening I give him a “good-night”-kiss.







We had a good time together on Friday evening.

After he came home from work we had a glass of wine and talked. 

What I like about my marriage to Daniel is that we can talk about a lot of things. 



On Friday evening, while talking, he showed me a video from Pinterest. I was watching it and started to cry. 


Here is a link to a YouTube video. You rather watch it. Hopefully, you’re not going to cry.



When I managed to speak again, I told him about the memories that brought tears. 


I remembered a time in my previous life when I didn't respect myself. And not because I did something wrong. I’ve just never been good enough for my ex-husband and his family. I felt that I was worthless.

Daniel listened to me and said that he always admired my eagerness to learn, my eagerness to try, my eagerness not to give up and try again, my eagerness to be the best version of myself.

And after all the compliments he added, “How come I'm a husband of a woman like you”. 

Wow, that was very pleasant to hear!


Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn't gone on a first date with my ex-husband.

Nobody knows, of course.

Well, psychologists say, “Don't cry over spilled milk”. Meaning, as far as I understand, don't get stuck in the past. However, you must learn your lesson. 

I think I have learned mine. 


I still remember my past, and can cry with self-pity. But I moved on. I didn't expect where it would bring me though. At least I know the difference between a good and a bad relationship (for me). 





Once I was talking to someone about my marriage to Daniel. I explained why we get along - we have the same goal, and the goal is to make me happy.


Hearing this, Daniel laughed, but it was his own words.







https://rainingdogsandblogs.blogspot.com/2023/04/from%20siberian%20woman%20to%20myself.html


https://rainingdogsandblogs.blogspot.com/2023/04/My%20ugly%20duckling%20story.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four days and Three nights of Vacation in Vermont

  I love going on vacation, but I love coming back even more. I'll tell you about the most remarkable activities for me. I will try briefly… We spent one night out of 3 in a tent. (We actually planned to have 2 nights in a tent, but the weather decided for us).  We visited Sugarbush Farm and Billings Farm & Museum, stopped at a store selling sheds and cottages, looked at the cider production process (Woods cider Mill), met with a representative of the company that will drill a well on our site, and asked questions to city officials.  And, of course, we admired the beauty of the season. It’s a pity that we couldn’t stop on the highway for photography.  At this time of the year, tourists travel to Vermont and New Hampshire specifically to admire the foliage. Daniel heard about the town of Woodstock even before the vacation. Therefore, we began to look for sights that can be seen there. As the first attraction, Google gave us The Sugarbush Farm. Google says: “ Rural...

Old New Year

  Do you know what day is today (Jan 13)?  Russians celebrate the Old New Year on the night of January 13-14. How did it happen that Russians celebrate the New Year twice?  Simply by adopting a different calendar. Of course, it was not really simple, but after the October Revolution (1917), the Bolsheviks switched from the Julian calendar to Gregorian one. Because of this, all the dates moved 13 days ahead. The year 1919 began on January 1st but in accordance with the new Gregorian calendar. The Julian calendar was 2 weeks behind the Gregorian one, as a result of which the celebration of the new year was postponed from January 14th to January 1st. The Old New year isn't an official holiday. There are definitely no people who would remember the old calendar. Russians, by definition, like to celebrate holidays. The more reasons to celebrate, the better. The Old New Year is usually less festive. There may be no more gifts under the tree.  Many Russians will wait until t...

From May Snow to Summer Mosquitoes: A Tale of Two Cities

  May 22, and it is snowing in Tomsk. You could say "still" or "again"—both would sound right. And yet, the cool May weather hasn't slowed down the mosquitoes. According to a report by RIA Tomsk, cold weather doesn't kill off the larvae of these blood-sucking insects. The early-spring species have already taken flight "to hunt," and a mass emergence is expected by late May when warmer weather finally arrives. I wish I could say that we don't have mosquito problems here, but we do. I think a lot of it depends on neighbors who keep containers or pools of stagnant water in their backyards, where mosquitoes happily breed and multiply. My husband already got his first bite of the season. Let’s hope for the best this summer. For now, though, Tomichi (Tomsk citizens) aren't too worried about mosquitoes; their real problem, now and always, is ticks. Tomsk had a few warm days earlier this spring, and the ticks became active immediately. Every sprin...